860 on the Wye - San Luis Obispo, California
GREENPOINT RATED CERTIFICATION, ZNE, TCAC, AND ENERGY MODELING
Program: 21 Units Affordable Housing
Achievements: Greenpoint Rated, Zero Net Energy
Awards: 2017 California Multifamily New Homes Program Project Development, 2017 California Multifamily New Homes Program Energy Consulting
This innovative, all-electric affordable housing project includes 21 rental units, a two-story multi-family building with a common space, recreational facilities, a community garden, and onsite resident services from the U.S. Veterans’ Administration.
In Balance Green Consulting was hired by the Housing Authority of San Luis Obispo to consult on energy efficiency, inclusion of photo-voltaic panels (PV) in the design, and the possibility of making it a zero-net energy (ZNE) project – a goal that was achieved.
- Architecture: Arris Studio Architects
- Construction: JW Design & Construction
- Civil: Ashley & Vance Engineering
- Structural: Ashley & Vance Engineering
- Mechanical: BMA Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical: HCS Engineering, Inc.
- Landscape: Firma