California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Office Building - San Luis Obispo, California
LEED CERTIFICATION AND ENERGY ANALYSIS
Program: 35,000 Office Renovation and Addition
Awards: LEED-NC Gold Certified
The project involved a major renovation of and addition to an existing 17,000 SF structure. Built in the 1960s, the space was originally used as a storage building and more recently a small viticulture processing plant, before it was remodeled for the new Caltrans offices.
The project achieved LEED Gold Certification –exceeding the owner’s requirement to attain LEED Silver– through a variety of sustainable construction strategies, including: building and materials reuse, energy-efficient design, low impact development for stormwater management, and reduced indoor and outdoor water use.
- Design: Hamrick Associates, Inc.
- Architecture: Arris Studio Architects
- Construction: Specialty Construction, Inc.
- Civil: Above Grade Engineering
- Structural: Ashley & Vance Engineering
- Mechanical: 3C Engineering, Inc.
- Electrical: Above Grade Engineering
- Landscape: Terry Lee Landscape Architecture