DMV Field Office - Lompoc, California
Program: 4,000 SF Office Building Retrofit
Awards: LEED-CI GOLD
This retrofit of an existing 1960's building was not an obvious candidate for LEED Certification, but the DMV required LEED Silver as part of the tenant improvement, and the final award was for LEED Gold in September 2010.
New windows and storefront, high efficiency mechanical equipment and lighting, and a well-oriented building shell combined to have energy savings of 45% better than a standard building. Additional strategies include low-emitting materials, 95% waste diversion, and water conservation.
- Architect: Peikert Group Architects
- Mechanical: JVA Mechanical Engineering
- Structural: Lampman & Smith
- Electrical: Thoma Electric
- Civil: Sobhani Engineering